Getting started with my favorite indicator
Start with registering a free tradingview account.
I like to use the Ichimoku cloud, also known as Ichimoku kinko. It is a very powerful trading instrument.
Recommended: Beginners Guide to Ichimoku Trading for Crypto 101
Since Crypto trading is 24/7 365/365 – is non-stop, we have to take that into account in the settings.
That is why the Ichimoku Settings for Crypto are double the traditional ichimoku settings.
Tradingview is a powerful free tool with many indicators. You can sign up for a free account here. For beginners the free account is enough. However, if you want advanced options and more notifications, you can also try the premium version for one month for free.
The Crypto Ichimoku Settings for Tradingview
So let’s start with the Krypto-Ichimoku cloud settings straight away:
- Log in with your account in the trading view.
Then Click on “Indicators”.
Search for Ichimoku cloud
These are my personalized settings, which have worked for me well. Since I only perform technical analysis on cryptocurrency pairs, I have adjusted the input variables to reflect a 24/7 market.
- Conversion line 20
- Base line periods 60
- Lagging Span 2 periods 120
- displacement 30
The following settings are only based on my preferences. This does not influence the calculations of the cloud.
- Conversion Line = Tenkan-sen
- Base Line = Kijun-sen
- Lagging Span = Chikou Span
- Lead 1 = Sekkou Span A
- Lead 2 = Sekkou Span B
- Plots Background Color 0 = Bullish Cloud Blue
- Plots Background Color 1 = Bearish Cloud red
- Displacement = Chikou Span/ +SenkouSpan A
Wait! There is more…
Are you interested in learning more about the ichimoku trading strategy? Yes? Then this collection of posts is for you.
- Advanced Ichimoku Cloud Settings for Tradingview
- Beginners Guide to Ichimoku Trading for Crypto 101
- 4 Ichimoku Trading Rules – Bulls live in the North and Bears live in the South
Have a great day!